For God so loved the world, as to give His only begotten Son; that whosoever believeth in Him, may not perish, but may have life everlasting. – Saint John the Apostle

Please Note


Whenever you use the links on my blog's to make purchases, such as from Mystic Monk Coffee, CCleaner, and others, I earn a small commission. This commission does not have any effect on your costs.

Friday, December 9, 2005

Saint Quote : Blessed Basil (Vasil) Hopko


They took Bishop Hopko to the central investigatory prison in Ruzin, near Prague, in order to "condition him" for a trial. First they locked him up in a dark solitary cell where he completely lost count of time. Then they made him walk without any rest for 122 consecutive days. During that period of time his diet consisted of a piece of stale bread and a glass of water. At the end his legs became swollen like logs. Describing this ordeal, Bishop Hopko remarks: "In my mind I already began to envision my own funeral. But I kept praying for strength to persevere and to remain faithful to the Catholic Church."

--Blessed Basil Hopko