For God so loved the world, as to give His only begotten Son; that whosoever believeth in Him, may not perish, but may have life everlasting. – Saint John the Apostle

Please Note


Whenever you use the links on my blog's to make purchases, such as from Mystic Monk Coffee, CCleaner, and others, I earn a small commission. This commission does not have any effect on your costs.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Saint Quote: Blessed Titus Brandsma


Prayer Before a Picture of Jesus

O Jesus, when I look on you

My love for you starts up anew,
And tells me that your heart loves me
And you my special friend would be.

More courage I will need for sure,

But any pain I will endure,
Because it makes me like to you
And leads unto your kingdom too.

In sorrow do I find my bliss,

For sorrow now no more is this:
Rather the path that must be trod,
That makes me one with you, my God.

Oh, leave me here alone and still,

And all around the cold and chill.
To enter here I will have none;
I weary not when I'm alone.

For, Jesus you are at my side;

Never so close did we abide.
Stay with me, Jesus, my delight,
Your presence near makes all things right.

--Blessed Titus Brandsma